ePRAYER WALL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"The faith of a few" Devotional for July - Week Two

2 posters

Go down

"The faith of a few" Devotional for July - Week Two Empty "The faith of a few" Devotional for July - Week Two

Post  Chris Honeycutt Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:41 pm

It was a cow pasture in the Carolina countryside just on the outskirts of a small city named Charlotte where a couple of businessmen had gathered. They expressed to the farmer a desire to hold a tent revival on his land, and he agreed to it. Upon scouting the property, the two businessmen prayed and walked around feverishly. A prayer was sent up on that day that "out of Charlotte the Lord would raise up someone to preach the Gospel to the ends of the earth."

The Lord did indeed raise up a great evangelist by choosing the farmer's son. This boy would grow up to become a dynamic preacher of the Gospel of Christ to nearly every corner of the civilized and uncivilized world, helping to bring an untold number of souls into the Kingdom. His name was Billy Graham...

Many times we often feel like our prayers get us nowhere. Is God listening? Does He even care? Why should I bother?

But Christ says in the book of Matthew, chapter 18:

"19 Again, I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything you ask for, it will be done for you by my Father in heaven. 20 For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them."

When we come together for purposeful prayer, even if it's just a small number of us, God is there! We can take from the story of God raising up Billy Graham of how a few believers bound by their convictions, relied on faith in God. He was there with them on that rural dairy farm and answered their prayer! God Almighty does in fact listen to us, wherever we're at and no matter how many are there!

However, it is also about our prayers not always being instantly satisfied, but rather acting as a seed that grows into full bloom later down the line. It wouldn't be for many years after their time at the pasture where Billy Graham would go out into the world and hold evangelistic crusades.

It takes a deep faith and a good amount of trust to remember that God is listening to us, cares for us, and has a plan for us, when we are sitting there waiting for the results. But the Lord knows best and we have to realize that we simply do not. The Lord hears us! We just have to give Him our best sense of patience.

Even on this ePRAYER forum, God sees that we are gathered to lift each other up in prayer! We have a purpose here and that purpose is to gather in His name and make prayer with one another easier to do in today's technologically complicated world.

Amen!

Last edited by Chris Honeycutt on Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
Chris Honeycutt
Chris Honeycutt
Admin

http://www.chrishoneycutt.com

Back to top Go down

"The faith of a few" Devotional for July - Week Two Empty Re: "The faith of a few" Devotional for July - Week Two

Post  Greg D Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:58 pm

best devotional yet Brother Chris, very very encouraging!
Greg D
Greg D
Admin

http://eprayerwall.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down